Making Music with Arpeggi
Making a song on Arpeggi is easy. Creators with experience in traditional DAWs (e.g., Ableton, Pro Tools, FL Studio) can jump into our studio at https://www.arpeggi.io/studio. Start composing right away by dragging in samples and using stems. When finished, press Mint in the top right, and voila! An NFT of your song will appear in your wallet! Don’t have experience using DAWs? We’ve specifically designed Arpeggi studio to be easy to use for first time musicians. Don’t be afraid to open up the studio and get cooking, but to help you get started, we have a community of creators on standby waiting to help. Join here!
Any sound on Arpeggi is available for use! Look for the “+ in Studio” button to open sounds directly in the DAW or navigate to the sample and stem library in the DAW itself to begin creating.
- Already in the studio? Open up the sample and stem drawers to find sounds to drag onto your new composition.
All sounds in Arpeggi are sourced from you, our amazing community of musicians! Sounds on Arpeggi are all sounds that have been registered in Arpeggi’s Audio Registry Protocol (ARP). Sounds and songs on Arpeggi can come from a few places:
Yes! Upload your own Sounds and mint them on Arpeggi to use in your own work and allow others to use them as well—while guaranteeing you credit. To maximize the remix potential of your Sounds, it's best to separate components (drum kicks, vocals, bass lines, etc) rather than uploading flattened audio.
Congratulations! You’ve made your first song on Arpeggi. But what happens when you press mint?
- 1.You’ll receive a token of your song—the entire composition! This allows anyone to see the DNA of your song (samples, stems, collaborators) and freely use your song for sampling or remixing.
- 2.For each custom instrument track, you’ll receive a token as well.
- 3.If you’ve remixed another artist’s stem, you won’t receive a new token, but that artist will get attribution.
Navigate to your profile to view your minted songs, stems, and samples.
All sounds—samples, and created stems and songs—on Arpeggi are currently released as CC0 to ensure there are no legal barriers to collaboration and using other’s work. In exchange, Arpeggi enforces attribution to ensure referenced artists receive the credit they deserve.
Unlike other sample sharing platforms, Arpeggi guarantees attribution and credit whenever your samples are used. This technology allows for all sorts of unlocks, including tracking analytics for how many times your sample has been played and funneling royalties to contributors. Arpeggi does not yet support a royalty system, but it is on the development roadmap.
The easiest way to view your Arpeggi tokens is to navigate to your profile by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner on the website.
- 1.Go to your profile by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner.
- 2.Click “Edit” next to your name under your profile image in the top left of the screen.